The romance of the tropics... surely there can be no more perfect place to make a commitment to a future with your partner. Whether you are marrying for the first or subsequent time (or re-affirming your vows) it is a surprisingly simple process. Weddings conducted in Vanuatu are legally binding and recognised worldwide, however you will need to notify the relevant authorities and complete and lodge certain documentation at least 28 days prior to your wedding. We can arrange this for you or your resort can. You will need to fill out a notice of intention to marry and provide copies of birth certificates, divorce papers (if applicable), and passport details. The Lord Mayor of Port Vila will conduct the civil ceremony.
Below is an example of what you would typically get in a Vanuatu wedding package.
Escape to Paradise - Wedding Package
- Surprise complimentary upgrade (subject to availability) on the day of the wedding for 3 nights. (Cannot confirm prior to arrival at the Resort)
- A Variety of venues for the ceremony: Wild Ginger Deck, Island Suite garden & Beachfront Wedding Bure.
- Arrival of the Bride in a traditionally decorated wedding canoe
- Authentic Melanesian string band and warriors to serenade the bridal party throughout the ceremony
- Floral heart on the sand, deck or garden.
- Traditional seedless shell leis for guests attending the wedding ceremony
- Religious or Non-Religious celebrant for the bridal party congregation
- Bottle of Sparkling wine and fruit basket on the day of the wedding
- Sarong each for Bride & Groom
- 30 minutes massage at the Oasis Spa for the Bride & Groom
- Marriage Certificate and registration
- Wedding Coordinator and Documentation
- Hair & make up for the Bride at Oasis Spa only
- Turn Down Service